This web site provides up-to-date information for social service providers, legal professionals, and the community regarding legal resources to low-income people in and around Milwaukee.
This effort is jointly sponsored by Marquette University Law School and the Coalition for Access to Legal Resources (CALR).
The information contained on this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.
The agencies listed on legalhelpmilwaukee.org generally provide free or reduced cost legal services to low income individuals or special populations.
If you are seeking a private attorney you may contact one of the following bar associations for a referral:
- State Bar of Wisconsin Lawyer Referral and Information Service
8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
(800) 362-9082 or (608) 257-4666 (in Dane County and outside Wisconsin).
- Milwaukee Bar Association Lawyer Referral and Information Service
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- You may also find a private mediator at the Wisconsin Association of Mediators:
Wisconsin Association of Mediators
(608) 848-1970 OR Locate a mediator online
Information on specific legal topics is not provided on legalhelpmilwaukee.org.
For general legal information in Wisconsin, the following websites may be helpful:
For non-legal referral information, contact 211 Impact
Dial 211 for help with: Emergency Food, Alcohol or Other Drug Abuse, Health Care, Homelessness and Emergency Shelter, Financial Assistance, Family and Parenting Issues, Mental Health Care, Housing Concerns, and many more...